a.Words or expressions I did not know.
1.recall
Context:
If you can do this, you probably will not need to try to recall the definition you found in your dictionary.
Definition:
to remember a particular fact, event, or situation from the past
=思い出す
2.record
Context:
In this class, you will keep a record of new words that you learn.
Definition:
information about something that is written down or stored on computer, film etc so that it can be looked at in the future
=記録
3.absolutely
Context:
It may also be a good idea to include a note or two about the context, though this is not absolutely necessary.
Definition:
completely and in every way
=(否定語の後で)まったく・・・というわけではない
4.accordingly
Context:
Accordingly, there are some people that you "know" because you have met them once or twice, but do not know well.
Definition:
as a result of something [= therefore]
=それゆえに
5.accustomed
Context:
Meeting a word in many different contexts helps you get accustomed to it (that is, get used to it).
Definition:
to be familiar with something and accept it as normal
=慣れた
b.Questions and about something I did not understand.
Question:
What does this sentence(below) mean? Please tell me.
Probably, I can not understand this sentence because I think that I do not understand the correct meanings of "include" and "word is being used at the time".
I think that in a broad sense of "include" in Japanese is "含む". But then I can not catch this sentence. And "word is being used at the time" is abracadabra for me.
Context:
If you include Japanese words or definitions that you found in a dictionary, you should only include words or definitions that fit the context in which that word is being used at the time.
c.Comments about or a short summary of the essay.
In the last paragraph, there is about English education in Japan, I think that it is not for to use English and it is for the examination. In Japan, a lot of teachers teach many historical person's name or some numerical formulas to students, but they doesn't teach why students have to memorize their name and what is the numerical formula. If students want to know it, teachers say "You just study what I teach you. And you will pass the examination." The exam should be just judge of achievement and people ought to study to know. So I am glad to be in this class to just know English.
Thanks so much! You are doing a great job!
返信削除Your question is great too. Longman says that "include" means "to make someone or something part of a larger group or set." So, what I meant was "to make the Japanese words or definition that you found in a dictionary part of your post." In other words, I meant to say "if you put *** in your post". In this case, the Japanese word "ireru" is close to the meaning I intended.
Keep up the good work!